There are several ways to join the Flourish family:
If you’re looking for a new dentist, you may have found a few different practices who, like Flourish Dental Boutique, advertise themselves as “holistic dentistry” practices. What does this mean, and what’s the difference between holistic dentists and traditional dentists? You can learn more and get started at our office by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Toni Engram today.
Your first visit can vary depending on your needs and oral health goals. Your experience will likely be similar to one of the following examples:
- Comprehensive exam and cleaning. This is how most patients enter our practice. For adults, these appointments typically last 90-120 minutes. This visit typically includes x-rays of your teeth, a cone-beam CT (or 3D x-ray) to evaluate your jaws and airway, a complete evaluation of your teeth, mouth, gums, and surrounding structures, and a thorough dental cleaning. Please note, we are a fluoride-free office, and your cleaning will NOT include the application of fluoride in any form.
- Child comprehensive exam and cleaning. For children 3 and older, their first visit is typically about an hour, and includes a comprehensive exam, any needed x-rays, and a dental cleaning. Please note, we are a fluoride-free office, and your child’s cleaning will NOT include the application of fluoride in any form.
- Comprehensive exam (with NO cleaning). If you need to get in to see us sooner, or if you have had a cleaning more recently, you may choose to do your comprehensive exam and x-rays without having a cleaning done. This can be very helpful if you are seeing us for a second opinion!
- Infant tongue tie consult. For babies as young as 48 hours old, up to 12 months. This visit includes a clinical and functional evaluation of lip and tongue ties, and any other oral restrictions.
- Infant/Under 3 oral exam. Beginning at around 6 months old, we want to do a complete (and typically quick!) evaluation of our little ones’ teeth and mouth, and give guidance on diet, feeding, habits, oral growth and development, and how to care for new teeth at each stage.
- Tongue tie and airway consult. Evaluation for children or adults who specifically want to discuss tongue tie or airway concerns, including sleep apnea. For older children and adults, this will typically include a CBCT (Cone beam CT).
- Consultation. This is sometimes scheduled as a way for you to get to know us and our practice, and to talk over questions you may have about our practice or treatment philosophies.
Once you schedule your appointment, forms and paperwork are typically sent electronically to you that evening. If you are unable to complete these forms prior to your appointment, please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete them.